Online verification of mark-sheets has made the evaluation process immune from cheating since the system was equipped only for verification of certificates.
- Bajrang Dal, Congress workers behind recent teachers’ protest: Alleges Manish Sisodia
- Multitude of teachers protest for salary hike at AAP mega show: Delhi
- This 16-year-old schoolgirl’s letter to PM Narendra Modi, gets a reply
- Major push in tribal’s education: Odisha
- Delhi Lt Governor Najeeb Jung resigns, wants to get back into academics
After being critically severed by the topper scam, the Bihar School Examination Board has for the first time shows considerable signs of successful clean-up in the system.
The image of Bihar School Examination Board (BSEB) has been tarnished following the topper scam.
However, the recent results of Class 10 and 12 compartment examination that was announced on Thursday showed successful signs of improvement.
- The last Class 10 exam held in November recorded a pass percentage has dipped from 69.54 per cent last year to 27.59 per cent, as reported in The Indian Express
- According to officials, the implementation of various systematic measures such as digital evaluation and bar-coding of answer sheets has rendered considerable extends to the success
- Online verification of mark-sheets has made the evaluation process immune from cheating since the system was equipped only for verification of certificates
- “The online mark-sheets have security features of M Sign or QR Code,” said BSEB chairman Anand Kishor
- The BSEB will send and has been sending original as well as provisional mark-sheets to students who had provided their Aadhar numbers
- “This (Aadhar numbers) will help the board create a permanent database of candidates, who will automatically avail e-lockers facilities,” said BSEB spokesman Rajeev Ranjan Dwivedi.
Read: UGC to grant autonomy to reputed colleges