The national flag will be hoisted at Hansraj college today, i.e. January 25, by Naveen Jindal, the member of Parliament and President, Flag Foundation of India.
- CBSE Board Exam 2017: Peon allegedly steals blank answer sheets
- Rajasthan: University to offer certificate, diploma courses on birds
- SSC CGL Tier II Re-Examination 2016: Answer keys released at ssc.nic.in, submit objections till Jan 27
- Delhi Nursery Admissions: Deadline for EWS category extended to February 14
- IIM Ahmedabad to increase student intake soon, submitted proposal to government
Delhi University is all set to hoist its first monumental flag on Wednesday, eleven months after the vice-chancellors of all central universities resolved to install the national flag “prominently and proudly” on their campuses.
As per the Flag Foundation of India, DU is the first public university to get a monumental flagpole in the country.
Resolution was adopted on February 18:
At a meeting chaired by the then HRD minister Smriti Irani on February 18 last year, the resolution to install the national flag on campuses was adopted with an aim of “instilling nationalism and pride” in students. The decision had come against the backdrop of a controversy over alleged shouting of anti-India slogans being raised at an event in JNU.
Flagpole to be similar like CP:
“The flagpole has been installed at Delhi University’s Hansraj college. It is similar to the one installed in Connaught Place’s Central Park,” said Shahnawaz Khan, CEO of Flag Foundation of India.
Who will hoist the national flag?
The flag will be hoisted at college on the eve of Republic Day on Wednesday by Naveen Jindal, the member of Parliament and President, Flag Foundation of India.