Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering (GATE) is conducted for Postgraduate engineering admission (M.Tech/M.E). It is also conducted for screening entry-level engineering jobs. GATE is a national level online exam managed by IIT. Gate 2019 Registrations have been closed and the exam will be conducted in the month of February. The result will be announced through online mode in the month of March. The cut-off list will be displayed on the website and can differ each year depending on various factors discussed below.
Determining Factors for GATE 2019 Cut-Off
The GATE cut-off 2019 includes below factors:
- Difficulty level of examination
- Total number of candidates applying for the examination
- Total number of seats available
- Category of the candidates
The minimum qualifying score is based on above factors. The cut-off varies based on different colleges and exams.
GATE 2018 Cut-off list
Below is the cut-off list of the previous year i.e. 2018.
|Paper Name||Paper Code||Qualifying Marks for General||Qualifying Marks for OBC||Qualifying Marks for SC/ST/PwD|
|Architecture and Planning||AR||43.9||39.5||29.2|
|Computer Science and Information Technology||CS||25||22.5||16.6|
|Electronics and Communication Engineering||EC||25||22.5||16.6|
|Ecology and Evolution||EY||49.3||44.3||32.8|
|Geology and Geophysics||GG||32.4||29.1||21.5|
|Production and Industrial Engineering||PI||32||28.8||21.3|
|Textile Engineering and Fibre Science||TF||32.2||28.9||21.4|
Gate 2019 Application Form Dates
|Registration of Gate 2019 Application form||August 31, 2018|
|Last date to submit Gate 2019 Application Form||September 23, 2018|
|Application Correction||September 27, 2018|
|Last date for the registration for registered candidate (With Late Fee)||October 3, 2018|
|Last date for modification (Status/Gender/Category)||Fourth week of October, 2018|
|Change in Exam city request||November 16, 2018|
|Admit card Issuance||January 4, 2019|
|Gate 2019 Exam||February 2,3,9,10 of 2019|
|Result Declaration||March 16, 2019|
Procedure to Check GATE 2019 Cut-Off
Follow below steps to check the Gate 2019 Cut-off:
- Visit the official site of IIT Madras i.e. http://gate.iitm.ac.in/
- Go on the Home page. Download the cut-off score available.
- Enter your Roll Number and password.
- Download the cut-off
- Take print outs of the cut-off for further admission rounds.
Guidelines before filling GATE 2019 Application Form
Before filling the GATE 2019 Application Form, candidates are advised to follow below guidelines:
- Keep all the necessary documents handy.
- Necessary documents include scanned photograph and signature of the candidate appearing for examination.
- Details like personal and address of communication including pin code.
- GATE subject choice code and exam city
- Payment of fee details such as Net banking or Credit Card or Debit Card details
- Valid identity proof like Aadhar Card, Driving License, Passport, PAN Card, Voter Card. For Foreign students identity proof will include Passport, Government Issued ID or Employee ID.
- Caste certificate
- Mark sheets, Degree Certificate and Provisional Certificates
How to fill the GATE 2019 Application Form
Candidates are supposed to fill the GATE 2019 Application form before the deadline dates mentioned. Follow below steps to fill the application form:
- Register at the GAOPs website
- Login through the website and fill the application form
- Upload all the required supporting documents
- Review and verify the application form before submitting it
- Pay the Application fee
- Submit the application form
Before applying for GATE 2019 Exam, make sure you follow all the guidelines and check the details in advance. Prepare well in advance, ensure you have all the required set of documents and submit the GATE 2019 Application form before the deadline. Once the results are out, check the cut-off list and be ready to get admission in your desired college.