Teachers can pick their preferred location based on their performances: Madhya Pradesh
Department official from Indore pointed out that the preferences opted by the teachers will be considered by the department based on their performances.
- NEET-UG in 6 additional languages from 2017-18, says Health Ministry
- PM Narendra Modi addresses students at Banaras Hindu University: Highlights
- CBSE’s Three-Language Formula: No language will be imposed, says Javadekar
- Lecturing not useful for developing problem-solving skills in students
- UGC to grant autonomy to reputed colleges
In what comes as a respite for schools teachers in Madhya Pradesh, the education department will now consider teachers preferences of posting at preferred location.
It is now understood that over 2 lakh teachers in government-run schools across the state can select three locations for transfer which will be later considered by the department following the probable chances.
As of now, the education department is on a mission to launch online transfer procedure.
“The department, which is currently working launch online transfer procedure, will give the applicants an option of selecting three preferred locations for their transfer, said Vijay Shah, state cabinet minister for school education,” as reported by HT.
More on the news:
- Department official from Indore pointed out that the preferences opted by the teachers will be considered by the department based on their performances
- One official anonymously told HT that criteria might be set by department in enforcing the recent implementation
- It is said that the state government will scan the performance of the teachers wherein they will be rewarded with their top preferred location
- It is also been speculated that such measures will motivate the teachers to perform better, hence yielding result and improvement in education realm
- Minister Vijay Shah pointed out that there are suggestions pouring in urging the ministry to contemplate reward policy while considering the transfer location preferences marked by the teachers
- “We received a suggestion which said that we should consider their (teachers) performance as well for transfers. We have taken the suggestion but it is too early to say anything about it,” said the minister
- The minister said the policy will be implemented by July next year
- The minister however marked that the ministry and the department are focusing on starting the online transfer process as of now.