World Book Fair, the 26th edition of the book fair is starting from today in Pragati Maidan, New Delhi. The fair, this year, is themed around environment-related issues such as climate change, global warming, and water pollution.
Important details about the event:
- Children’s books are going to be a highlight at this edition of the fair which will include activities like monster-making and comic-making workshops conducted by publishers, editors, and authors from 25 European Union countries, at the Children’s Pavilion
- The event called Children Pavilion will have an international rights exhibition of nearly 500 titles published in English, Hindi, and other Indian languages
- In author’s corner, visitors can get to interact with some of the well-known writers like Ruskin Bond, Jerry Pinto, Michael Creighton, Paro Anand, Mridula Garg and Ranjit Lal among others
- Apart from the EU nations, more than 40 countries including Belgium, Canada, China, Denmark, Egypt, France, Germany, Pakistan and United Kingdom will participate in the book fair
Book launches in NDWBF:
The long list of launches will include books from different genres, such as Diabetes with Delight: A Joyful Guide to Managing Diabetes in India by Anoop Misra, and thrillers such as Pretty Vile Girl by Rickie Khosla.
I’m heading to buy cookery books, some of which are available at extremely affordable prices. In fact there are certain lesser known publishers who I call up to check where their stall is located, because they have amazing collections and offer huge discounts at the fair,” Kusha Sharma, a college student told Hindustan Times.
Important details of the event:
- Date: Starting from January 6 and ending on January 14
- Location: Pragati Maidan, New Delhi
- Theme: Environment and Climate Change
- The time of fair is from 11 am to 8 pm. Tickets for children will be Rs 20 and Rs 30 for adults. Tickets can also be found online and also available on more than 50 metro stations. The world book fair entry will be from Gate No. 1, 8 and 10 of Pragati Maidan. At Hall No. 7 ATM vans will be available for the fair.
- New Delhi World Book Fair (NDWBF), held for the past 45 years, is now a major calendar event in the publishing world
- The Fair is organized by National Book Trust, India, an autonomous organization under the Ministry of Human Resource Development, Government of India, working towards promotion of books and the habit of reading in the country
- India Trade Promotion Organisation (ITPO), under the Ministry of Commerce, Government of India is the co-organizer of the fair
- NDWBF offers the participants a unique opportunity of doing business with this growing book industry
- It is also an ideal venue for promoting titles, co-publication arrangements and trade
- It opens up a gateway to the publishing and intellectual world of South Asia along with many literary and publishing conferences and programmes to be organized during the fair
What will ‘Pearson India’ offer in the exhibition at World Book Fair?
- For visitors: The visitors to the stall will have a chance to look at some of the prominent titles offered by Pearson covering a wide range of subjects and domains, including children’s books, test preparation, higher education
- For IIT aspirants: Pearson will organise activities at the fair to engage with IIT aspirants. There will be a workshop on ‘Tips and Techniques to Crack IIT JEE Examination’ by author Sanjay Mishra. First slot will be about ‘How to Crack IIT JEE Examination’ followed by Open House and Quiz Competition
- For students going abroad: The company will bring its experts who will take live sessions with the students on PTE Academic, which is world’s leading computer based test of English for study abroad and immigration
- For working professionals and learners: A special session on “Future of Skills” to understand and get counseling on up skilling will be organized